“Save to read later”
Neat or interesting or useful things from around the internet
I really like those blogs that regularly post cool / interesting collections of links.
I’m stealing the idea using that as inspiration to do it myself. I doubt I’ll do it regularly though, just as and when I’ve got a backlog of bookmarks I think are neat.
So here goes!
- The A/B Testing Podcast has just hit it’s 100th episode. It’s one of my favourite podcasts, and definitely worth a listen.
- Illustrated.dev is a collection of hand drawn illustrations of development concepts. It’s informative and beautiful, and one of the coolest things I’ve seen for a while. (I got this off Atila, thanks Atila!).
- FrontEnd Masters have published the 2019 update of their Front End Developers Handbook. It’s not the sort of thing you’d just read in one hit, but there’s some neato information and references there.
- The trailer was released for the new Star Wars game, Jedi: Fallen Order. That’s cool and all, but what stood out to me is the news that it’s purely a single player game. No multiplayer, no microtransactions, and no DLC. Which appeals to me greatly. (Nigel told me about this one, thanks
- Ever wanted to know how to do a good code review? John Barton has a GitHub repo with a boatload of resources for doing
goodawesome code reviews. (Alix posted this in one of the slack teams I’m in. Thanks Alix!)
- Finally, the lineup for TestBash Australia has been announced and it looks dope. Dan Billing, Mike Talks, Trish Khoo, Angie Jones, Nick Pass, and many more awesome speakers and teachers. Note that it’s only a few days before TestBash New Zealand (lineup TBA), so this is a good chance to take a week off and do a testing tour down under!
That’s all for now, I’m off to the beach for the next nine days. If you’re taking an Easter break, have a good one! If you’re working through… don’t work too hard!